Welcome to our list top 8 most amazing places to visit in August in India.
Every month has its own allure, and the feeling is mysterious and beautiful when it is combined with travel!
Clear, blue skies are available from north to south and from east to west during this season, where frequent changes in weather add moisture to the environment through monsoon raindrops.
Added to that every destination has its own aura to you with lots of things to observe and make moments to memories, let’s check out the best places to visit in august in India:
1. Coorg, Karnataka- Places to visit in august in India
Coorg is a mesmerizing hill station with tranquility well-known for its coffee production that is located in the beautiful state of Karnataka amid breathtaking mountains. Their unexplored waterfalls can make for stunning photos and lush natural splendor.
The location is well-known for its foggy hills, lush green forests, and stunning scenery. The “Scotland of India” is another name for Coorg, also goes by the name Kodagu and is renowned for having an exquisite climate. No doubt is one of the places among best places to visit in august in India
Things to do in Coorg
- Visit the Golden Temple or the Namdroling Monastery
- Experience the Surreal Beauty of Abbey Falls
- Spend Some Time with Elephants at Dubare Elephant Camp
- Take a Trip to Talacauvery
- Indulge in a Session of Whitewater Rafting in Barapole
- Go Wildlife Spotting at Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
- Have a Tryst with History at Madikeri Fort
- Enjoy the Beauty of Honnamana Kere Lake
Places To Stay:
- Ibnivalavadi Rural, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201 – Address Virajpet Main Road, Madikeri 571201 India
- Coorg Cliffs Resort & Spa – Address Hanchikad Estate, Pollibetta 571215 India.
- Heritage Resort Coorg – Address 50/3 1st Monnangeri Village, Galibeedu, Madikeri Taluk 571201 India.
- The Serai Kabini – Address Nishana Karapura Village Antarasante Hobli, H D Kote Taluk, Nagarhole National Park 571114 India.
- Aurika, Coorg – Luxury By Lemon Tree Hotels – Address 1st Monnangeri, Galibeedu, Madikeri 571201 India
2. Cherrapunji, Meghalaya- Places to visit in august in India
The location where the rain never ends! Cherrapunji, the second place among the best places a magical oasis tucked away in Meghalaya, is one of the wettest places on earth. Although it rains for most of the year, the beauty of this town is further enhanced by the rain.
The spot, which is completely removed from city life, cultivates nature’s gifts, including deep, ethereal forests, white-cascading waterfalls, living root bridges, and lush green valleys.
Cherrapunji, also known as Meghalaya’s “Scotland of the East,” mesmerizes visitors by displaying a series of canyons known as the “Grand Canyon.” is one of the scenic best places to visit in august in India
Things to do in Cherrapunji
- Walk through the Double Decker Living Root Bridges.
- Enjoy the magnificent view at Mawkdok Dympep Valley View.
- Be a part of the river paradise- Dawki.
- Observe the mystical view of Nohkalikai Waterfalls.
- Visit the place where it rains cats and dogs always – Mawsynram Village.
- Hunt the exquisite caves – Krem Mawmluh.
- Engulf in some fresh air at Mawlynnong Village.
Places To Stay:
- The Crescent Hotel – Address – Nohkalikai Rd. Sohra Market,, Sohra 793111 India.
- Aisha Guest House – Address – Nohkalikai Road, Khliehshnong, Sohra 793108 India.
- Polo Orchid Resort – Address – Mawsmai-Nongthymmai Road Near Water Falls, Sohra 793108 India.
- Labana Hotel & Restaurants – Address- Khliehshnong, Sohra 793108 India
3. Darjeeling, West Bengal- Places to visit in august in India
Traveling to Darjeeling one of the best places to visit in august in India will take you to the breathtaking scenery of the Himalayas in a greener and more tranquil setting. Darjeeling’s surroundings become serene and pure as a result of the monsoon season’s cloud cover.
Things to do in Darjeeling:
- Enjoy the spectacular view at The Rock Garden.
- Observe the scenic beauty of Kanchenjunga at Nightingale Park.
- Watch red pandas, snow leopards, and other Himalayan wildlife species at Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park.
- Be a part of the Toy train ride from Ghoom station.
- Watch the mesmerizing Sunrise at Tiger Hills.
- Watch the glorifying architecture of St. Andrew’s Church.
Places To Stay:
- Singtom Tea Estate & Resort – Address – Singtam Tea Garden, Darjeeling 734104 India.
- Udaan Himalayan Suites and Spa – Address – 131, Hill Cart Rd, Ward 6 Kakjhora, Darjeeling 734101 India.
- Sinclairs Darjeeling – Address – 18 / 1, Gandhi Road, Darjeeling 734101 India.
- Udaan Dekeling Resort, Darjeeling – 2 Hawk’s Nest A J C Bose Road Near Alpine School, Darjeeling 734101 India.
4. Mount Abu, Rajasthan- Places to visit in august in India
The monsoon climate on Mount Abu is less hot and muggy making it one of the best places to visit in august in India. Nevertheless, now is the ideal time to see Mount Abu’s rich vegetation. The evenings are lovely, and the sky is bright. Since summers are the finest time to visit Mount Abu, monsoon season is also a must-see for all to see nature at its most beautiful.
Things to do in Mount Abu:
- Enjoy boating at Nakki Lake.
- Be a part of immense pleasurable trekking at the Aravalli range.
- Visit the flawless Dilwara Temple.
- Explore the Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Take a walk to the Guru Shikhar to enjoy the panoramic view of the place
- Enjoy the crimson sun at Sunset point.
Places To Stay:
- Palace Hotel – Address – Delwara Road, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501.
- Cama Rajput Club Resort – Address – Adhar Devi Road, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501.
- Hotel Hilltone – Address- Main Road, Opp. Bus Stand, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501.
- Udai Garh – Address – Rajendra Rd, near Taxi Stand, Sani Gaon, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501.
- Hotel Silver Oak – Address – Near Hotel Vrindavan, Opp. Bus Stand, Mount Abu, Rajasthan 307501.
5. Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Kodaikanal is protected from the sweltering heat of the lowlands by being located atop a plateau in the Nilgiris and surrounded by thick evergreen woods. With various fascinating activities, it is the perfect getaway spot for families and one of the best places to visit in august in India.
Kodaikanal maintains a comfortable 20 °C during the summer while neighboring towns struggle with an average high temperature of 40 °C. The greatest time to visit Kodaikanal is in the summer because everyone is eager to escape the heat for this same reason, it is one of the best places to visit in august in India.
Things to do in Kodaikanal:
- Enjoy your Walk at the Coaker’s Walk
- Try boating in Kodaikanal Lake.
- Explore the spooky Guna Cave.
- Get cinematically lost in Pine Forest.
- Trek to Dolphin’s Nose & Echo Point
- Rejuvenate self with Yoga
- Go for a cycle ride in Kodaikanal
Places To Stay:
- The Tamara Kodai – Address – 22 St Marys Road La Providence, Kodaikanal 624101 India.
- Great Trails Kodaikanal By GRT Hotels – Address – Bharathi Nagar Vilpatti, Kodaikanal 624101 India.
- Sterling Kodai Lake – Address- 44 Gymkhana Road, Kodaikanal 624101 India
- Kodai Resort – Address – Coaker’s Walk, Kodaikanal 624101 India.
6. Valley of Flowers, Uttrakhand
The Valley of Flowers is a bouquet of nature softly tucked away in the West Himalayan area of Uttarakhand. It really is blessed with uncommon and exotic Himalayan plants making it one of the best places to visit in August in India. The route to the Valley of Flowers crosses numerous bridges, glaciers, and waterfalls as it follows the Pushpawati River through thick forests.
An Indian National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site, this striking natural area features beautiful meadows blooming with indigenous alpine flowers and a variety of wildlife in this valley.
Things to do in The Valley of Flowers
- Explore the Valley of Flowers National Park.
- Prospect Visit Nanda Devi, National Park.
- Probe Hemkund Sahib.
- Take a walk at Bheem Pul.
- Watch the scenic beauty of the Saraswati River.
Places To Stay:
- The Fern Sardar Sarovar Resort, Kevadia – Address – Near Ekta Gate, Statue of Unity Road, Kevadia 393151 India.
- Statue Of Unity Eco Camp – Address – Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, 393151 India.
- Granny’s Den Resort – Address – Village – Lavarkha, Patti – Saklana, near Das College, Tehsil, Dhanolti, Uttarakhand.
- The Mountilla – Luxury Resorts/Hotels in Kanatal, Dehradun, Mussoorie, Dhanaulti – Address – Village Bhamorikhal, Off, Chamba – Mussoorie Rd, Jwarna, Uttarakhand.
7. Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
Mahabaleshwar is a small but picturesque hill town nourished by the Sahyadri Mountain Range. It is the perfect place to spend a few days in the company of nature. The area provides you with a complete bundle of relaxation and entertainment thanks to its magnificent perspectives, serene lakes, ancient temples, and tumbling waterfalls making it one of the best places to visit in August in India.
Things to do in Mahabaleshwar:
- Plan a trip to the spectacular Viewpoints in Mahabaleshwar.
- Boat at Venna Lake.
- Visit the historical Pratapgarh Fort.
- Bath at captivating waterfalls at Mahabaleshwar.
- Adventurous Side at Velocity Entertainment
- Take a look at the wax museum
- Camping at Tapola.
- Peep into the history of Rajpuri Caves.
Places To Stay:
- Sahyadri Farm– Address – Lingmala waterfall Road, 412806 Mahabaleshwar, India.
- Le Meridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa – Address- 211 / 212 Mahabaleshwar – Medha RoadMahabaleshwar, 412806 Mahabaleshwar, India.
- SaffronStays Aatman, Mahabaleshwar – luxury estate with al-fresco dining amidst nature Address- S.No. 1/29 Mettale Village, Mahabaleshwar Poladpur Road Satori Bungalow Opp. to Mayur Iccha, 412806 Mahabaleshwar, India.
8. Dalhousie, Himachal
Dalhousie is a well-known hill station. It is spread out over the five hills of Kathlog, Potreyn, Terah, Bakrota, and Bhangora. One of Dalhousie’s top tourist destinations is Khajjiar Lake, one of Himachal Pradesh’s most beautiful lakes. Activities like paragliding, zorbing, and trekking are regularly conducted in various parts of Dalhousie for all thrill-seekers making it one of the best places to visit in August in India.
Things to do in Dalhousie:
- Kajjiar Lake
- Satdhara Waterfalls
- Dainkund Peak
- Day out at Mini Switzerland of India, Khajjiar
- Explore at Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ganji Pahari
- Panch pula
- Tibetan Handicrafts Market
Places To Stay:
- JK Clarks Exotica Dalhousie Address – JK Clarks Exotica, Dalhousie – Chamba Road, Church Baloon Road, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh. ‘
- Ark Holiday inn By DLS Hotels – Address – Banikhet, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh.
- Fortune Park Dalhousie – Address – Near Gandhi Chowk, Subhash Bowli Road, Distt, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh.
- Grand View Hotel – Address – Near Dalhousie Club, Moti Tiba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh
This is the list of the top 10 best places to visit in India. And there is a lot more to experience in India. For exciting deals on flights, hotels, and car rentals check www.trippybug.com